A key element of the KerryLIFE project is raising public awareness of the freshwater pearl mussel and dissemination of the project results.
This will be achieved through a number of means, including the
- delivery of a dedicated schools education programme
- delivery of training events and workshops for farmers, forest-owners and policy makers
- a proactive media campaign
- annual community events
- public information events
- project publications
- project conference.
In addition the KerryLIFE will engage with the wider community through the development of a number of initiatives to sustain the rural community. Initiatives will include the
- establishment of a farm-based brand
- establishment of a consumer supplier network
- on-farm tourism infrastructure
- a community walkway